Before the shave!

Before the shave!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baby Blake & The Twins

This is the first group of kids I can show you that you will be helping through your generous donations!

This is Baby Blake:


Blake was diagnosed early this year with a rare cancer called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumour (ATRT). His Mum took this picture for me today shortly before I changed his Broviac line dressing (long term intravenous access line - dressing must be changed & area cleaned at least weekly) & then sent him home to enjoy his 1st birthday tomorrow, thankfully AT HOME! Yay :D And Happy Birthday Blake! I love this picture... it is so typical of Blake, as soon as I go near him he says "ta" & grabs for my pens out of my pocket :) For more on his story or to support him directly please visit: http://tinyearthangels.com/babyblake.html


This is The Twins - Naomi & Rachel:

Naomi


Rachel

Naomi & Rachel came to us at just over 7 weeks old. Naomi had been having some feeding difficulties & wasn't putting on enough weight so after the GP had exhausted all his avenues he sent her to PMH to be checked. Blood tests were attended on presentation to PMH & Naomi was picked up as having Leukemia. Being identical twins, Rachel had a 25% chance of being affected as well... her blood was taken & yes she also has Leukemia. On official diagnosis they were found to have Infantile Pre B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). They are now 5 months old and have spent less than 1 week at home each since diagnosis. One of my favourite parts of my job... getting to watch them grow & develop... I almost caught a smile picture from them both :) Oh... and the cuddles!!!

No comments: